We have been in and out this summer with a vacation/reunion in Oklahoma and trying to get some repairs done around the house. Laura saw her grandma/grandpa and gave them the biggest "grunt/grow" and smile!! Just made their day. She also got to see her cousins --it had been a year. They helped with the swinging:)
I haven't much wanted to look at the computer because I knew I would check work email and I didn't want to deal with work.:) So with some time off, we are back. It's great to see what Brooklyn is doing! Inspiring to me to keep at it and not give up!! We have been working with pictures a bit and Laura does pretty well with it; I just would like to see her play more with toys. She will pick them, but then not really care to do anything with them--even with others' help. Any suggestions anyone?
Laura is back into her summer camp and is just exhausted. This Conductive Education has her "working out" for 3 hours every morning. This weekend has been a sleep-fest to catch up. The teachers are from Hungary and are really great at working with all of the kids. Laura is doing a lot of walking, playing on her tummy (which she hates, but deals) and using her hands to grab things. This I have noticed more. She is holding for a few seconds than just dropping right away. The best part is that another 3 year old (Camille) is using a walker and her and Laura have become buddies. So they walk down to the laundry mat and back pushing baskets, etc. Laura is using a front grab walker and doing pretty well. We have made it around the yard and back listening to the "bugs" in the trees and birds. She is such the listener. We are also going to try working without her braces too. The teachers are worried she will not develop her calf muscles if she wears them all day. New sensation for Laura, but she will be able to do some more of the activities they have planned.
Laura, I just love that smile! Brooklyn I am sure would want to tell you that she is not crazy about her tummy time either! You girls both work SO hard! Now - if you could help Brooklyn on the standing/walking and she could help you with the communicating - you two would be quite the little team!
ReplyDeleteSending big hugs to you!
What cute pictures of Laura! Love that dress! Thanks for the updates. :) Miss you!
ReplyDelete