Hi Eveyone,
Laura is gradually getting back to her old self. We started Depakote for Laura's seizures, and the second week we upped the dose like the doctor said to and Laura became quite angry, not happy, and had stomach issues. Poor Dad had to handle it in the car--Yuck! Anyway, we have the dose back down to once a day and that seems to be enough. She is giggling again and just a happy camper. At school she is using switches for Yes/No and for jobs she has in the class. She is going to her afternoon program, which was mainly just for respite, but now they have the instructor from Hungary back, Bea, for a 5 week Conductive Ed program. Laura is doing that from 2-5 pm and loves it! I think she really remembers Bea and everything they need to do. She is walking with a front walker fairly well, gaining more and more balance. (even without her AFOs) Other than that we are doing well and have not had colds of any kind. Hopefully that will continue!
Thursday, October 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am SO behind in my blog reading. I am sorry to read that Miss Laura has been havinf a rough time. I hope everyhting gets cleard up for her. I am SO excited she is walking so well with her walker - I also love the post about the dog, that is SO sweet, I am sure they have a special bond. Give that sweet angel a big hug from me!
ReplyDelete