Sunday, August 2, 2009

Bits of Summer



Laura with Jessica (her favorite aide); Walking with Camille every morning. Camille has Sturge Weber Syndrome, is 3 yrs and didn't walk until last summer in this CE program.


Laura has had a great summer working out and visiting Grandma/Grandpa and her cousins. She has made a few more friends and was told she sounds Hungarian.:) The best thing to come out of mom leaving for band camp (1 week away from home) was Laura truly recognizing my voice and reacting and finally saying "Hi". Life is good. She is still standing by herself and has started to try it in her hi-top Converse shoes WITHOUT her AFO's. We are so proud of her and her stamina. Not much time to travel, Dad got a new job and that school is on tri-mesters that of course do not line up with Laura's or my districts. Yikes! We are happy about the new job, though.
We will be taking Laura in to the Neurologist to have "the Thinking Face" checked out. Not sure they can do much by looking at her or the video/notes I'll have. She has a face that looks like she is thinking really hard and while this is occurring her muscles go totally limp. It has happened more often of late, and she has fallen completely over. So I want to get this checked out. More later on that one. Her appt. is this week.

2 comments:

  1. Oh she is so cute! She and Camille look so cute together going on their walks. And I love that Laura's wearing more sundresses. I'm SO proud of our girl!! I can't wait to see her! Hopefully I'll get a "hi" too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura - we are SO proud of you and youe walking - keep up the awesome work!! We hope the doctor's visit goes ok!! Let us know! Hugs from Indiana.

    ReplyDelete